Search engine optimisation is a critical aspect of online marketing. Companies have recognised the benefits of SEO and are shifting some of their resources to engage in online marketing campaigns. With a lot of potential to take advantage of online marketing, companies will often hire the services of an expert to help them manage the search engine optimisation. However, for companies just starting an online marketing campaign, looking for an SEO expert has some challenges. These challenges can prevent the company from taking full advantage of the potential of online marketing. Here are the common challenges you will encounter when looking for an SEO expert.
- Freelance or agency – SEO experts can either belong to a search engine optimisation agency or they are freelancers. If you are trying to save on cost, hiring a freelance SEO expert would be the correct choice. On the other hand, SEO agencies have their reputation to manage and would provide better results. There are a lot of freelancers who offer search engine optimisation so with careful search, you can find an affordable SEO expert who can provide quality service.
- Online or local – When it comes to search engine optimisation, only a handful of experts can be present in your local area. It might reflect to the cost and quality of the results. On the other hand, online SEO freelancers amount to thousands which make them compete for clients and make sure that they can deliver great results. It is easier to trust a local SEO expert since you can meet if necessary. Meanwhile, online SEO professionals can only communicate through the internet or phone which might be a problem if the SEO expert decided to back out from the arrangement.
- Long-term or short-term – When looking for an SEO expert, consider if you are willing to go long-term on your online marketing campaign. An SEO expert might only offer a startup service while others offer long-term contracts to help you manage the campaign.
- Cost or quality – Oftentimes, cost is directly proportional to the service you’ll be getting. This is also applicable to search engine optimisation since most SEO experts with higher rates often provide the quality service while cheaper SEO freelancer are sometimes amateurs and just starting to engage on SEO.
- Package or Specific – SEO experts will either offer packages or one-time service. If you are confident that you can effectively run your online marketing campaign without any expert help, then it is better to get a one-time service to save money. On the other hand, packages would often include maintenance and upgrades which is perfect for companies which are planning to run long-term online marketing campaigns.
When you decide to engage in online marketing, make sure to consider an Hampshire SEO expert to assist you in search engine optimization.